Serendipity Lecture: Christo vs. Warhol; Eclectic Art and Eccentric Personality
Christo, with his wife turned epic-scale environmental works into temporary popular art. Across continents they used mountains, islands, farmlands, museums and bridges. For Christo his esthetics was the process — workers, politics, negotiations and construction difficulties. Envisage Andy Warhol and you see soup cans, Marilyn’s, videos, gender-bending art. As portraitist, publisher, publicist and salesman he built a branded enterprise. We’ll view videos, critique art and compare personalities.
Carl Weichel has held various positions over his career in marketing, design, and advertising in Australia, South Africa, Canada, and San Francisco, and continues to consult. Carl has led OLLI study groups on Political Polarization, The 1960s, Eastern Religions and Philosophies, and Our Hidden Brain.
|Date:||Thursday, November 12|
|Location:||Online via Zoom|
|*Registrants will be e-mailed the Zoom invitation the morning of the lecture.|
This lecture is free of charge but you must register in order to receive a Zoom invitation. The registration deadline is Thursday, November 12 at 8:00 AM.
To help the lecture to go smoothly, please click the link in the Zoom invitation by 3:25 PM.
Because this lecture may have 100+ participants, the settings are different than for OLLI study groups.
- All attendees' microphones will be muted.
- Questions will be taken at the end of the lecture for the speaker. Questions will be managed through the Chat function in Zoom. (See instructions below.) OLLI staff will read each question and the speaker will answer the question.
Zoom Chat Function
- At the bottom of the Zoom screen in the center menu to the right of "Share Screen" is the Chat icon (above the word "Chat" is an icon of a quote bubble).
- Click on "Chat." A white dialogue box will appear to the right of the video.
- Type a question and hit Enter.
- Note that you will only be able to submit a question to the Meeting Host or to Everyone. You will not be able to chat privately during the meeting.
If your video is on, everyone can see you and anyone else in view of your camera.Register for this Event