Serendipity Lecture: Yeats Now: Echoing Into Life
W. B. Yeats often has just the right words for important occasions. Yeats scholar and author Joe Hassett will discuss memorable lines from Yeats's poetry that help us articulate our thoughts about significant moments in our own lives. Inviting Yeats into our lives line by line turns out to be an easy point of entry into the work of this astonishingly vital poet.
Joe Hassett is a Washington trial lawyer and author. His books include W. B. Yeats and the Muses (Oxford University Press, 2010) and The Ulysses Trials: Beauty and Truth Meet the Law (Lilliput 2016). Joe attended Canisius College, Harvard Law School, and University College Dublin (PhD).
Joe's newest book, Yeats Now: Echoing into Life is due to be released September 25 and can be ordered now from Book Depository at https://www.bookdepository.com/
|Date:||Thursday, October 29|
|Location:||Online via Zoom|
|*Registrants will be e-mailed the Zoom invitation the morning of the lecture.|
This lecture is free of charge but you must register in order to receive a Zoom invitation. The registration deadline is Thursday, October 29 at 8:00 AM.
To help the lecture to go smoothly, please click the link in the Zoom invitation by 3:25 PM.
Because this lecture may have 100+ participants, the settings are different than for OLLI study groups.
- All attendees' microphones will be muted.
- Questions will be taken at the end of the lecture for the speaker. Questions will be managed through the Chat function in Zoom. (See instructions below.) OLLI staff will read each question and the speaker will answer the question.
Zoom Chat Function
- At the bottom of the Zoom screen in the center menu to the right of "Share Screen" is the Chat icon (above the word "Chat" is an icon of a quote bubble).
- Click on "Chat." A white dialogue box will appear to the right of the video.
- Type a question and hit Enter.
- Note that you will only be able to submit a question to the Meeting Host or to Everyone. You will not be able to chat privately during the meeting.
If your video is on, everyone can see you and anyone else in view of your camera.Register for this Event