Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
WHAT ARE THE PARKING OPTIONS?
Information on parking options for all OLLI course sites are on our parking page.
WHERE CAN I BUY REQUIRED BOOKS?
The booklist for the current semester is included in the back of the Catalog or you can download it. Books will be ordered through Politics and Prose bookstore at 5015 Connecticut Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20008, (202) 364-1919. You may want to call ahead to reserve your copy. There is a section specifically for OLLI books in the book group area near the information desk. Tell them that you are an OLLI member to get a 20% discount on most books.
Books will also be available through the AU Bookstore on campus. OLLI members are entitled to a 10% discount. Books can also be ordered online (often at reduced prices) or purchased at other book stores. The following are some online suggestions for purchasing books, in alphabetical order: AbeBooks.com, AddAll.com, Alibris.com, Amazon.com, BookCloseouts.com, BookFinder.com, Half.com, and Powells.com.
CAN WE USE THE A.U. SHUTTLE BUS SERVICE?
- Yes. Anyone can ride this bus. No payment is necessary.
- The bus runs from Tenleytown metro's Red Line to campus every 15 minutes. (See the AU website for more details.)
- Get off bus at Nebraska Hall, Nebraska Ave., which is in front of Temple Baptist Church.
- Get on bus at Tenley Hall or Hughes Hall on main campus to return to metro.
CAN MEMBERS USE THE UNIVERSITY'S BENDER LIBRARY?
- Yes. All OLLI members enjoy the privilege of access to the University's Bender Library. The Library is located on main campus at the west end of the university quadrangle.
- Request a Special Borrowers Card from the Circulation Desk. Tell them you are a member of OLLI. We send a list of our members to the library when the semester begins.
- Computers with Internet access are available.
CAN WE JOIN THE UNIVERSITY FITNESS CENTER?
Yes. All OLLI members are eligible for an annual membership at the Jacobs Fitness Center at a discounted rate. Feel free to call the Fitness Center at 202-885-6267.